Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A New Path

A few of my readers were somehow shocked, some were reluctant to express their thoughts, and some were disappointed at the main content of my last entry titled: High Times. I would like to point out some main reasons why I titled my last entry “High Times”. It was not just the fact that I coincidently smoked marijuana; that just fit in perfectly. One reason was that I was it was a time when was in my most peak physical condition which I didn’t talk much about. It was a time when I had the most freedom and was able to explore the city I adored the most. It was when I had my first crush. And it was when I could do anything I wanted before I was completely wheelchair bound due to some unusual physical decline. Life is full of surprises.
This brings me to my next entry titled: A New Path. After my High Times time, suffering great physical decline and was pot smoking free for a few years I soon got bored of just being, I want more. I wanted to do something. I wanted to be around people who were doing something with their life, or at least trying to. I never thought of anything I did as spectacular like many people would, and I’m not sure why. This goes right along with what I discussed in my entry titled: Acceptance and the explanation entry. I never set any goals for myself. I had a bad train of thought that I was an underachiever. Yet, only now, I wanted more.
Soon after I attend a few semesters I met my first girlfriend. She also had cerebral palsy. She reminded me of me when I was fourteen because you can barely tell she had cerebral palsy. She also had dyslexia which I where I came in handy. I would help her with her reading and math. Once we were is a walk-a-thon benefiting a learning disability foundation where I walked a quarter of a mile, after gaining some of my strength back. We went everywhere together and we were inseparable. After getting to know her very well it was like opening a can of worms. Here was this very cute young lady that was sexually abused since she was six year old. I wanted to help her so bad but I knew that it was her that had to help herself, she wouldn’t let anyone help her. Right about the middle of my junior college years I started and hosted a support group called: The Courage to Heal”. The support group was free and open to all students that were or had suffered from any kind of abuse. The support group lasted a year and I felt everyone had learned a great deal.
My junior college was quite a journey. I had I drop few courses because I was not ready or I missed too many lectures. I also took miscellaneous courses instead of taking the courses I needed to obtain my Associates degree. One very sad setback that was not college related that took a whole year to get back into the routine was the passing of my dear mother, my best friend. My mother died of melanoma, but her case was quite unusual. Her melanoma got into her blood stream due to an open sore that had healed up. She died four months after finding out she had melanoma. Some time after my mother passed away, I ended my relationship with my girlfriend. My ex girlfriends companionship was a very tough one for me. I am a person of closeness, cuddleness, and intimacy but she could not return those in return because of her unfortunate pass.

In getting back into the routine I vowed to finish my associates degree and dedicate it to my mother. She helped me tremendously, despite the fact I had become smarted then her academically. She took me to and from school. She sometimes paid for my books. And she put up with me all those years.

And then I did it. I graduated with a little less than a B grade point average

5 comments:

  1. I wanted to start this off with I always enjoy you.. You don't seem to back track and apologize with things you tell people and they disapprove which I think it great. I think through the post when you spoke of your mom she really liked you doing what you felt was right for you. So, I think when you speak of your past, it was a learning experience that took you to a better place in your life. You pulled yourself out of situations that were harmful and put yourself on the right track. That should be inspiring to people in my opinion. It takes courage to admit you have faults and you are not perfect. It takes a strong person to be honest and tell things that others may look down on but that help other people at the same time who are maybe feeling down on themselves right now, and are going through some things you have went through. I think your past has made you a really great person and strong. I think your mom is probably really proud. I hope to hear more from you and to say this, I hope you never backpedal because of what anyone feels about something you truly felt and wrote. I think graduating with a B is awesome especially with the setbacks that had occurred. Thanks again for sharing and I look forward to reading you more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you miss Sinple E... i love you long responses.. i really do ... it gives me a clear picture of what you are thinking.. you'll get more of me, with some more twist only becausee i'mnot perfect. and i keep it real

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I am glad you enjoy me, I do hope I did not offend you when I said you aren't perfect. But I am so glad to meet someone who keeps it real :) You are really a cool guy. I am glad you like my responses, I am often afraid of talking to much. I do tend to ramble when I am interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wellm i will be the first person to confirm "I" am not perdect in any way... it didnt bother me one bit... what would make me wonder id if you thought i was "perfect"

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol That actually makes a lot of sense. :)

    ReplyDelete