Sunday, July 3, 2011

Was not an issue.

it seems to me that the more people talk about their cerebral palsy the more issues they have or the more uptight they are. now i know this is not the case for a lot of people, but i'm sure it is the case for some people.  the issues may come in various forms.
for example, i didn't consider my cerebral palsy an issue because my cerebral palsy wasn't that severe, in fact, it was very mild in the earlier days. my walk was nearly normal, my speech was slightly slurred but very hard to notice, and i held my right arm slightly inward but very usable. i was able to run, ride a two wheel bike, and drive a car.
beside my physical characteristic of cerebral palsy, i was very accepted by my mother, family, the friends i had, and the people around me. i developed a natural ability to give off positive energy regardless to the situation i was in. in short, i attracted people. however, i became a very positive person and never complained. i was not taught to not complain, i just had that nature enter peace. i, to this day, wonder how i deleloped such a talent.
i've had people ask me how i do it, how i attract people, or how i keep it positive when everything all around is negitive. well, its not that i dont see it because, believe me, i do see it. it how you present it, how you carry your self, and how give off your own energy.
remember, how you give off your own energy. now, i know that cerbral palsy as well as other disabilities can be very severe and it can make life very unbearable. it is your choice how you live your life. life is not algebra class where a negitive times a negitive equals a positive. therfore, if you are going to be mad at the world and blame everyone, including yourself, for the disability we have life will be hectic.

4 comments:

  1. I like this a lot. I try to help my brother with his issues and I tell him this. He still doesn't want to think this way though, I know it is hard but I think if he could he would be less angry. I really appreciate this post. It was really good hearing. My brother has CP and so does my 8 year old son. His effects his left side the most (my sons). I hope he can have as great an attitude as you do. Thanks so much for the insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your positive attitude. I know that sometime we tend to complain when our lives dont go as we want it to. I have a problem with my bones, im not sure what it is yet. Im being looked at by different doctors. All the bones in my body hurt very badly. Sometimes to a point where i cant use my hands. I read ur post and thought to myself, Yes, life can be very unbearable at times but you definately have to have that positive attitude, It is my choice how i live my life and im trying really hard to not let it affect me. Thank you for sharing your post with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda Espinosa MillerJuly 28, 2012 at 8:40 AM

      I'm happy to have met you on the SP blogs, and to find out that we grew up in the same neighborhood. By good ole Pacific Central Market, lol.
      Where did you live? I was on 22nd between Pacific and Grand.
      Keep on keeping on, you are wonderful.
      Linda

      Delete
    2. Thank you Linda for commenting.. i was on hamilton ave--same as 24th St ... streight across where the army hospital use to be.

      Delete