Friday, July 8, 2011

Taking a Turn

In my case, my cerebral palsy took that turn. At sixteen years old I started having difficulty walking, my right arm started contracting in, and my scoliosis was As the cerebral palsy community knows that our condition does not get worse. It is, however, in those rare circumstances that cerebral palsy, if not monitored carefully at a young age, can get worse. I am not sure if “worse” is the right word to use in the event that everything seems to take a turn.
In my case, my cerebral palsy took that turn. At sixteen years old I started having difficulty walking, my right arm started contracting in, and my scoliosis was more pronounced. My mom started taking me to the doctors to figure out why I was taking such a turn. After going to doctor to doctor, hospital to hospital for three years nothing was found. I was “normal”. When I ask for physical therapy, the therapist gave me a power wheelchair. It was like everyone was accepting the fact that this was now how I was suppose to be. Since my mom, my family, and everyone else around me was so accepting of me my cerebral palsy was not an issue as I mentioned in my previous blog. And since I have such a accepting character I did not have the power to put up a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment