Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Here and Now


Finally, we are here and now. I didn't expect my blog to take this long to get to this point. I expeced to be a lot further into my thoughts rather then be still personal. The delay came about because I was discouraged and feeling down. After pulling myself together again I realized I needed to take charge and set some goals.
Before I started my bachelors program in psychology my rehabilitation counselor and I made a plan. The plan was to obtain my bachelors so I can continue on to my masters progam in counseling. My goal was to be a college counselor for disabled students, and my rehabilitation counselor knew this. After getting my bachelors I went through some personal issue as I talked about in my bllog entry titled “Nothing is Forever”.
So now after settling down and comfirming my kids weren't moving across the country (extremely exaggerated, by the way), but it felt that way. My ex wife always encourages me to go where there are more opportunities, but what she realize is how much it would kill me being away from my kids. She really doesn't see that kind of pain. At least, I think she doesn't. I mean, it hasn't happened to her. Anyways, I met with rehailitaion counselor a few times recently and the meetings were somewhat disappointing.
Everything my counselor and I talk about or plan goes on file. What we talked a bout me being able to perform the duties a counselor has he had a concern. My counselor's concern was my speech. I do stutter a little, and I do get stuck on certain words. It's like I have my own accent that people have to get used to. It was very annoying, I mean, come on, it is not like I developed a speech impediment over night for my rehab counselor to question my ability now.
So now my rehab counselor wants me to go shadow a disabled student counselor at the local junior college that used to work for department of rehabilitation to get her opinion. I am to go shadow the counselor for one day and she will report back to my rehab counselor giving her opinion. If I get a good report, the department of rehabilitation will support and fund me to pursue my master program. So that is what is going on here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment