Tuesday, August 21, 2012

You Snooze, You Loose


We all have dreams. We all have things we hope to achieve. We want to do better. We want to be batter. We want to keep ourselves from getting worse. But somehow, in some way, we wait, we talk ourselves into doing just the opposite. We are lazy, some may call it. We are afraid in some way or another. We may let our minds play tricks on us to think its too hard or overwhelming. We say, “ i'll do it later”, “ i'll do it tomarrow”. We are procrastinating. And I am guilty as charged..
I was the worse procrastinator and sometimes I still do it. I do it out of lazyness and fear. Like exercising or something that i've worked for a long time and i'm closse to the end goal. Many are afraid of change, or something new. Sometime it's fear of rejection or lost. I know I can lazy but I think it's more of fear to why I procrastinate. Finishing a book and remembering to exercise is a lot of times overwhelming. I also procrasinate over thing need to do that I don't like to do, like: exercising, going to the doctor or dentist.
See, if you wait or put something off those thing will never get done. It's simple as that. I personally have a lot of things I want to do and things I need to do. I have books I want to finish. I have exerises I need to do. I have things I want want do around my house. I have little thigs I need to do that are apart of a big goal/project with looming deadlines. The bad thing is is you know you are putting these things off, at least I know I know what i'm doing. It's always in your concious.
Ok, now, i'm going to give you a very personal example related to my cerebral palsy and the need to exercise. When I was born and after the doctors figured out I had cerebral palsy, the physical tharapist pointed out that I had certain muscle patterns I need to break. So, the physical tharapist worked with me and my mom worked with me every day at home. All that work paid off. I was walking, riding bikes, climbing trees, and basically running amuck. Where am I going with this? Well, when I started having trouble walking at age 16 my mom pointed out that my body was going back to my old muscle paterns when I was a baby. While going to doctors and waiting around to see what was going on my cerebral palsy became more pronounced. I just waited instead of working with myself. Now, I cant even stand up on my own. There were countless times when I started exercising and I could feel myself getting stronger but a few weeks into exercising I resorted to putting it off. So learn from my example or your exercises will get harder as you get older.
We need to clamp down and take charge. It's the only way we will bring about change, and also get things done. If you don't take control of your life, procrastination will control It for you. As the famously say “You Snooze, You Loose”.

No comments:

Post a Comment