Sunday, August 26, 2012

Will


As I was wrestling with thoughts pondering on my topic for this entry I usual read or watch videos to simulate my mind for ideas. I have very dear friend that is very fond of me. Sadly we cannot see each other as we would like to because she lives on the other side in paradise. She lives in Saudi Arabia, and she is a sunni Muslim, very orthodox when it comes to the Islamic religion which I became very fond of. We share our experiances we have in each other society. How we eat, how live and what is within the norm of such society.
Today she sent me a short documentry video of a very severely disabled man. I remember her telling that in her society they take extry care of their people whom are disabled. As I was watching this video I had several thoughts woundering around my head. My first thought was no matter how perfect a society may seem it has it's flaws, it still has it's share of discrimination, and it's share of lack of awareness in terms understanding people with disabilities.
Another thing i'm very aware of that happens all too often is that in the United States is although some members of the society may not understand a certain disability or don't understand disabilities in gereal, most of these people are just nieve and insentative about their understanding. The video reinforces my understanding that we re not the only ones, this very well goes on in other societies as well. Why? Because it is out of the norm, and people have a hard time accepting.
After watching the video several times it is very worthwhile to note that there is love in this world. There is the need to fight for others. To fight for those who need a helping voice. In a convincing way, it is very worthwhile to people who are nieve in their perception and understanding of such disabilities that they very well know how to accommodate. Some people need that extra push, meaning talked to, to remind or point out to them that ability isn't always physical.
The main theme of the video is not the difference between two soctieties or it's simularities, how disabled people are treated, or the lack of understanding and awareness among disabled people, it's about the living will of an extraordinary man. It proves that if there is a will anything is possible. No matter what he couldn't do his will allowed him to do what he can do. It was his will that allowed him to achieve his dreams.
Enjoy the video.


3 comments:

  1. i loved it ....keep writting my dear .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you my dear.. this couldn't be written without you.

      Delete
  2. Hard news to find out, indeed..

    ReplyDelete